Below I am giving you my very personal guide how I get ready for the photoshoots or fashion events. But you can use it for other events like Weddings, or important dates too!
So Maybe you are an aspiring model, and you are building your portfolio. Or maybe you are a photographer or an agent, and work with all kinds of newbies, than you can share my page with your model! Even if you are very experienced model, and are looking for some new tips, than this GUIDE is for you!
ONE MONTHS PRIOR
We all know that keeping in shape all year round is important, but this is the time to really get to work!
- Try to schedule a Date with yourself to workout ad list 3 times a week. I train almost every day prior the shoot. But that might be to intensive for you. Listen to your body and NEVER over stress yourself. Just do what you can BUT DO IT
- Intermittent fasting:If you feel like you store any excess fat around your belly and the photoshoot will involve your body than you can try intermittent fasting. I usually eat breakfast for lunch, or another option have a breakfast and dinner but smoothie for lunch! PLEAS NOTE: Consult first with your doctor if intermittent fasting is for you.
- SKIN -Around ONE MONTHS prior I do a chemical peel at the beauty salon or medical SPA but only If I am in need, because my pores has been clogged. Or if the firmness is in your concern, now is the time for the micro needling because you have the time to RECOVER. DO NOT do any of INVASIVE skin procedures one week before the shoot because your skin won’t have the time to heal.
TWO WEEKS PRIOR
Planing your outfits/looks
- If your wardrobe isn’t provided for the shoot/event, than plan it now! One week before is really to late and you are going to be busy with life. You want to focus on another things ONE week prior.
- Ask the photographer to send some inspirational pictures, go to Pinterest to create your own mood board. I am not saying you have to be a copy cat. Getting inspired from someone else’s work give you an idea of where to start and give you the direction of where you are going. After all it never looks the same!
- I always try to choose plain colors of wardrobe, busy prints fabrics are not camera friendly. Also try to chose any other color but not black or white.
- Simplicity is your friend. If I bring something that I don’t feel good in it, it will show on the pictures. You must feel comfortable in your outfit! It doesn’t need to be fancy
ONE WEEK PRIOR
This week is mostly about your skin
- I don’t wear any make up during this week. Let your skin breath!
- DRINK WATER WATER WATER
- Go over the posing in front of the mirror
- I usually go get DERMA-PLAIN, which is basically shaving off the outer layer of the skin with a blade. It also removes all the ”peach hairs” from the face and leaves it PERFECT with no dawn time. If you don’t like the idea of the bade on your face you can go get microdermabrasion, no down time on that one too !
- If you didn’t get the INFO for the time and location of the studio YET, contact your photographer and ask him for the details. You don’t want to wait until the last minute. I usually check it on my gps how long will be the drive, and plan ahead what time I have to leave the house/hotel.
THREE DAYS BEFORE
- If you never had eyelash extensions and you don’t know if you are not allergic to it, and is very common because the eyes are so sensitive, don’t do it! The make up artist will probably apply some of a one time use.
- It is good day to wax all the unwanted hair. All the redness and bumps will have time to heal.
ON THE DAY OF THE PHOTOSHOOT
- I usually practice Yoga for ad list 40 min that morning, if the shoot is not too early but you can just stretch if you don’t practice yoga. So your body feels limber and your mind clear.
- Eat light but nutritious breakfast like avocado toast and egg.
- Show up with clean hair and bare face.
- Dress in something that doesn’t leave ANY MARKS on your body (if you only have head shoots than skip this one). I usually wear a baggie dress and no bra.
- Bring your make up and a hair straightener or curler in case if the MUA won’t show up (things happen….
- The last and the most important thing is- HAVE FUN. BE YOURSELF BECAUSE THE CAMERA WILL REFLECT HOW YOU FEEL !
Photo by Colby Files.